LostDreamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTICE: ALRIGHTY, LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS BACK UP AND RUNNING

5 posters

Plot

Momo
    Momo

Plot  Empty Plot

Post by Momo Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Plot, courtesy of CJ:

Several Decades ago, an organization specializing in the creation and distribution of children’s playthings successfully accomplished the task of creating a digital pet that would not only respond as a real pet would, but would interact with its owner in a way that seemed 100% real. The project was dubbed the “Digital Monster Project,” and hundreds of digital monsters, nicknamed “Digimon,” were programmed into a series of games for children everywhere. Since their creation, Digimon have become incredibly popular, with everyone from children to adults playing the game. A popular card game was also released, and the two have been known to be played in conjunction, particularly after the Organization, known as “ODEUS,” released the popular “Card Reader” machine, easily plugged into any modem, that allows one to Digi-Modify his digimon through use of the playing cards.
    All was going uphill for ODEUS, until a strange rupture in the Digital Network used to create the D-World Game became apparent. The Creators of the game had succeeded immensely in what they had done. They had created a second reality, a digital one. Fearing their creation, ODEUS programmed a powerful defense mechanism, DOMIEL, which would activate once the population in the D-Word reached a certain limit. In doing this, the creators thought that they had ensured safety for the Human World. They had no idea what they had done.

Digimon rapidly grew into the biggest franchise on earth. A show was released, featuring the digi-destined, and had been followed up by a second season. The game was bigger than ever, with hundreds of new digimon released, and several new packs were being released for the card game.
    Now, in the great city of New York, a grand tournament is being held for the Digimon Battle game. Hundreds of children have shown up to play, and are pit against each other in a battle royale. The last 9 contenders standing will move on to the finals, where only one champion may remain. But, something seems odd as several contenders, staying after their round to play a friendly game, begin to leave the building for the night. Are their computer screens glowing? Are those digi-eggs? What could this mean? And what are these strange symbols?

Last edited by Momo on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 am; edited 3 times in total
    Momo
    Momo

Plot  Empty Re: Plot

Post by Momo Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:27 pm

I still need some help, any suggestions to make it more interesting?
    Momo
    Momo

Post by Momo Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Bump.
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:36 pm

You don't have to bump, Momo.

Give everyone enough time to think, and they'll always post.

For example...

You could always have these dark forces exploiting digimon, cloning them and running a faulty amusement park.

Or, if this is like a super advanced cyberpunk future, have everyone recieving cute digital pets, like Tamagotchi. Then, awful things start happening, and the kids get sucked in.
    Sigurd
    Sigurd

Post by Sigurd Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:19 pm

*blinks* cj that's annoyingly like that X-ross or X-wars or whatever the hell the stupid season 6 is supposed to be. I watched the first two episodes and decided not to watch it.
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm

I've never seen the sixth season...
    Sigurd
    Sigurd

Post by Sigurd Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm

it's stupid as hell
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:24 pm

I understand that most of the seasons past 3 are garbage, but my suggestions are just that, suggestions, and it's to Momo what will be the actual plot and final setting. If you want something specific, just let her know. Otherwise, this may end up being an accidental knock-off of a season that no one has evem seen.
    Saki
    Saki

Post by Saki Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:33 pm

same here,I saw an advertistment for it and I was urked

really I didn't catch much of savers either.

Sudden idea-
    Why not make the digital world kinda abanded maybe it started out full,and vibrant like in season 1 but over time(or cause of some evil force corrupting?) it started to weaken,and become mote twisted and distorted,and warped? Yeah like the digital world taking a dark turn? Course they'd still be some places in season one n two just not as much.

Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Well, technically, that sort of happened in Tamers (Season 3)...

So, yeah, it'd certainly fit...
    Saki
    Saki

Post by Saki Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:48 pm

it did,I thought it was always like that in season 3?

so does that mean a no to that idea?
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 pm

I didn't say that. In season 3, the digiworld has become a barren sort of place.

Sigurd
    Sigurd

Post by Sigurd Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:13 pm

yeah the season three digi-world is awesome though
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Exactly.

I even liked the addition of the Deva, and the use of the characters that personify North, South, East, and West.

Of course, season 3 is set in an Alternate universe from seasons 1 and 2, where digimon is a popular card game. I like that world a little more than the one set in season 1, but seasons 1 and 2 had a really good run with it. I like season 3 a bit more, because the whol season is set mostly in the human world, where people are forced to realise that something bad is happening.

Hmm...

I say we keep the kids being connected like they were in 1 and 2, but try to keep ourselves in the human world a lot. In season2, the kids were in the human world a lot, albeit most of the fighting still happened in the D-World. And then, we could have the H-World reflect season 3, where Digimon is actually a card/computer game.

We could say that the kids are all members of a team or rivals in a competition. We all move through to the semi-semi-finals, when we are mysteriously transported into out computers/card devices, and are sent through the network and into the digital world.

I would also like to suggest that we must find our digimon, and that they are not directly presented to us...

Anyone else like this idea?
    Sigurd
    Sigurd

Post by Sigurd Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:34 pm

I love it cj
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Really?

I was just pulling stuff out of thin air, but since we said we'd do a mixture of the three seasons, I thought it might be a good way to go about it.

I am honored that you like it so much, Lec.
    Saki
    Saki

Post by Saki Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm

-nods- it'd be too easy to just have the digimon waiting for us there
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:47 pm

That's what I thought. The kids are almost always greeted by their digimon immediately.

Except season three.

That's why I liked season three the most.
    Sigurd
    Sigurd

Post by Sigurd Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 pm

season 3 also had the concept of absorbing the data of defeated enemies
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 pm

I liked that idea a lot, too.

Momo
    Momo

Post by Momo Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Saki wrote:Sudden idea-
    Why not make the digital world kinda abanded maybe it started out full,and vibrant like in season 1 but over time(or cause of some evil force corrupting?) it started to weaken,and become mote twisted and distorted,and warped? Yeah like the digital world taking a dark turn? Course they'd still be some places in season one n two just not as much.

-Thumbs up-
    Then they'd have to bring back the Digital world back to like it was before.

Mary Genn wrote:Exactly.

I even liked the addition of the Deva, and the use of the characters that personify North, South, East, and West.

Of course, season 3 is set in an Alternate universe from seasons 1 and 2, where digimon is a popular card game. I like that world a little more than the one set in season 1, but seasons 1 and 2 had a really good run with it. I like season 3 a bit more, because the whol season is set mostly in the human world, where people are forced to realise that something bad is happening.

Hmm...

I say we keep the kids being connected like they were in 1 and 2, but try to keep ourselves in the human world a lot. In season2, the kids were in the human world a lot, albeit most of the fighting still happened in the D-World. And then, we could have the H-World reflect season 3, where Digimon is actually a card/computer game.

We could say that the kids are all members of a team or rivals in a competition. We all move through to the semi-semi-finals, when we are mysteriously transported into out computers/card devices, and are sent through the network and into the digital world.

I would also like to suggest that we must find our digimon, and that they are not directly presented to us...

Anyone else like this idea?

So like basically our charas think that Digimon is just a game, like Ken did in Season 2, but then when they get transported to the digital world, they realize its the real deal.

And then since we would have to find our digimon, then do you guys want them in the egg stage or training stage, as in like Koromon, Motimon, ect?
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Well, it's not technically THINKING it's a game.

Digimon legitimately is a game, until a rogue program creates a pocket in digital space that mimics and creates a space for the D-World.

It's a game, and as far as we know, that's all it is. We learn of it being an actual world when we are transported there.

And, as for the Digimon, I'd say eggs when we find them, and upon entering a state of peril, they hatch and help us fend off a violent digimon.

Like, eggs waiting for us, with Digivices nearby.
    Momo
    Momo

Post by Momo Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Oki, sounds good. So like a virus type of antagonist or... Digimon, that we have to stop from destroying the Digital World?

Then do you want like an bad organization in the real world still too? Also, what's Deva exactly? I couldn't figure out what it was when I was reading plot summaries for Season 3.
    Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Post by Mary Genn Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Well, the virus and Human Organization should kinda be linked.

Like, the Organization should be frightened by the development of the D-World, and should set a program to thin it out when acquires a certain size. Therefore, they have good intentions, trying to keep the net safe, since not all Digimon are good. However, the program goes AWOL, and begins destroying EVERYTHINg in the D-World, as well as eating up the net.

The Deva are Digimon who attempt to help the D-World by attacking the real world. Or were they attempting to cultivate the H-World for digimon?

Lec, do you remember?
    Momo
    Momo

Post by Momo Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:27 pm

So, the organization could be sorta good? And the program could take the shape of a digimon, like Diaboromon.

And oh, I see.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:40 pm