LostDreamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTICE: ALRIGHTY, LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS BACK UP AND RUNNING

2 posters

Character Template

Mary Genn
    Mary Genn

Character Template Empty Character Template

Post by Mary Genn Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Character Creation is an incredibly important part of the game. I will list essential topics and provide examples below.

* denotes an essential item

*Name: Your Character's Name

*Sex/Gender: Your character's biological sex and/or gender identity.

Background: An optional backstory to your character to give them more depth. Possible bonuses/penalties for certain elements.

*Body Type: Your character's build. Can range from Athletic to Petite to Chubby, etc.

*Height and Weight: Your Character's Height and Weight.

Habits (Good and Bad): Adds bonuses and penalties to your character. Each Good Habit is equal to one bad habit. This way, a character cannot be made perfect by virtue of habits.

*Inventory: Consists of five items. You two flashlights are equal to one item. You get four extra items of your choice. Miscellaneous items (Food, Matches, et cetera) and one light weapon are acceptable.

*Appearance: A written description or an image are both suitable.

Now, I will demonstrate a character created using only the essential items.

Name: Mary Genn
    Sex/Gender: Male/Female-identified
    Body Type: Chubby
    Height and Weight: 6' 2" 260 Lbs.
    Inventory: Flashlights 1 + 3, Small Pistol + 6 rounds, Box of 30 Matches, Pack of Pre-Sharpened Pencils, Sketchbook
    Appearance: Very Tall. Dark-brown hair that is shaved in the back and left long at the bangs. Et cetera.

Then, I (That is, me as the GM) would assign a score of stats (I'll make a seperate thread to post them in) for this character.

Strength: Denotes a characters ability to move objects.
    Speed: Denotes a characters ability to move at certain speeds.
    Stamina: Covers many things, such as the amount of time a character can run.
    Intelligence: covers a character problem-solving skills and their ability to create certain items through improv.
    Wisdom: Covers a characters affinity for survival skills, as well as their capacity for common sense.
    Luck: A special stat that determines the frequency of good or bad things happening to the character.

So, let's take my character.

Strength: 7/10
    Speed: 4/10
    Stamina: 5/10
    Intelligence: 6/10
    Wisdom: 5/10
    Luck: 3/10

I will grade based on the information given. All stats max out at 10.

Habits will affect a score by lowering and heightening it. One Bad Habit is equal to One Good Habit, and vice versa.

So, if i took a Good Habit I would need to take a Bad Habit. Background can also affect a score. Chances are, a spoiled rich kid will have better luck or speed, but lower stamina or wisdom based on their upbringing.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask.
    Lina
    Lina
    Warrior Queen Titania
    Warrior Queen Titania

Character Template Empty Re: Character Template

Post by Lina Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 am

Thank you.
    CJ you are a true GM. Hats off to you.
    As a prize, I will definately send you a pic of me and Josephine with a quote bubble above Josephine saying "Hi CJ! Wish you were here!" Just wait for it

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 am